|Looking or thing about what to do...|
- You don't have to tell the chickens when it's bedtime or even to GO to bed. They're on their roosts before your HAPPY HOUR even starts!
|Ready for bed time!|
|Up and ready to go in the morning|
- Same thing with getting up in morning, they're up and ready to go before you.
- They will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your lukewarm, lumpy oatmeal!
|More oatmeal, more oatmeal!|
- They will lovingly HELP you with the tilling, weeding and bug removal in your garden - they are great little gardeners.
- Your compost pile will be turned regularly with such perfection and care.
- They could care less what YOU look like at 5:30 in the morning.
- They actually WANT to eat healthy - fresh fruits and vegetables.
- You never have to drive them to soccer practice, movie or the mall.
- They won't be insulted if you offer them those slightly dried out, left-over taco shells!
- If there IS a job you think they're not quite up to they won't be offended if you only let them follow you around and supervise
- AND BEST OF ALL...they'll give you eggs for breakfast instead of asking WHAT'S for breakfast.
|Lovely fresh eggs.|
There are many more reasons why you should raise chickens. Most of them have to do with knowing where your food (eggs) come from and what is in them, the inhumane care by some of the commercial poultry farms - but these reasons I hope you already know.